Liturgical ministers serve in various capacities to facilitate a peaceful, prayerful & inspirational experience for all who worship here. Whether participation is through “behind the scenes” preparation and planning or through a public role of service within the Mass, parishioner contributions help our liturgies to be truly life-giving celebrations. Any member of our parish wishing to serve as a liturgical minister is welcome.
Altar Server (Family or Individual)Contact: Tracy Dereszysnski / email@example.com
- Altar servers assist at the Lord’s table for weekend and Holy Day liturgies. This is a great way for our youth and families to be involved and to learn more about the liturgy.
- At least 11 years old or 5th Grade
- Responsible, dependable, respectful, and committed.
- 1-2 masses every two months (more if there is a holiday or Holy Day)
Minister of the EucharistContact: Allan & Nancy Gauthier/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assists in the distribution of the Eucharist with a sense of hospitality, care for people and a love of the Eucharist.
- Ministers are not scheduled, but are expected to help out whenever needed as indicated by the crosses hanging on the cross board.
- Training is provided.
Minister of the WordContact: Faye Herrick / email@example.com
- Ministers of the Word (lectors) proclaim the readings and petitions at Mass.
- Interested parishioners have a deep interest in scripture; are able to read clearly and audibly; are able to interact with the Assembly through eye contact; and able to focus the Assembly’s attention on the Word of God.
- Lectors read every 5-7 weeks; schedules are emailed
- Orientation is provided
Minister of Hospitality—UsherContact: Jim Brown / 262-377-9545 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministers of Hospitality (ushers) arrive early to greet people, assist in seating, receive the Offertory collection, guide the congregation in receiving the Eucharist, and distribute bulletins.
- Parishioners over the age of 16 are encouraged to join
- Ushers are assigned to teams which are scheduled to serve at a specific Mass four months each year
Liturgical Art and EnvironmentContact: Barb Haebig / email@example.com
- Assist in design, setup, and take down of decorations and/or care of flowers or plants in the worship area.
- Artist, interior decorator, seamstress, flower arranger, carpenter, designer, or graphic artist would fit this ministry perfectly!
- Time commitment varies with each liturgical season; volunteers are called upon as needed.
Minister of CareContact: Kathy Davies (262) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministers of Care visit, pray with, and distribute Eucharist to our elderly, residents of assisted living homes, Lasata, Aurora Medical Center and others who are not able to attend Mass
- Regular visits are made on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday mornings
- Volunteers are scheduled monthly or more frequently if your schedule permits
Parish Choir (Grades 9-Adult)Contact: Randy Hilgers / email@example.com
- Leads sung prayer during mass
- Open to parish members 14 years of age and older who have a love of music and some experience singing
- Weekly rehearsals (Thursday evening) – September through June
- Choir sings at one Mass each weekend during those months
CantorContact: Randy Hilgers / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cantors lead the sung prayer at weekend liturgies
- Anyone who has a music background is invited to join
- Responsible for preparing prior to his/her scheduled Mass
- Scheduled approximately two times per month
Resurrection ChoirContact: Contact: Randy Hilgers / email@example.com
- The Resurrection Choir sings at parish funerals.
- Individuals who have a love of music are invited to join.
- Time commitment (including rehearsals) is about 1-1/2 hours for each funeral.
InstrumentalistContact: Contact: Randy Hilgers / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide musical accompaniment for worship music.
- Called upon as needed; which could be weekly or monthly.
Linen LaundererContact: Chris Skopek / email@example.com
- Linen launderers ensure linens used during Mass are always available for use.
- Instructions for laundering, folding, and ironing the linens are provided.
- Each volunteer is assigned a month and is asked to take linens home each week and return them prior to the following weekend’s liturgies.
Minister of PreparationContact: Chris Skopek / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministers of Preparation prepare the altar before Mass and clean vessels following Mass.
- Scheduled about once each month
- Training is provided
Sacramental Supply CoordinatorContact: Chris Skopek / email@example.com
- Monitors candles, hosts and wine supply for parish
- Training is provided