EARLY CHILDHOOD AT ST. JOSEPH PARISH SCHOOL
- Includes classes for grades K3, K4 and K5
- Fully Accredited School
- 1:10 student to teacher ratio
- Our Early Childhood team collectively holds 69 years of combined teaching experience.
- We provide a secure, loving, Christian environment where a child can develop intellectually, spiritually, socially, and emotionally through active learning.
- Our programs fully prepare students for the Elementary and Middle School grades. We follow the Archdiocese Curriculum Guide by grade as well as the Wisconsin Academic Standards.
- In our Early Childhood classes, we believe in learning through play and exploration.
K5 and Full Day K4 & K3 Hours: 8:15am – 3:15pm
Half Day* A.M. K3 & K4 Hours: 8:15am – 11:35am
*Half day K3 students can choose between 3 to 5 days per week. Half day K4 is 5 days a week.
OUR CURRICULUM INCLUDES (varies by grade level):
- Development of gross and fine motor skills
- Introduction to the alphabet and numbers
- Science and Social Studies
- Music and Dramatic Play
- Pre-Reading and Reading
- Social & Emotional Development
- Rest time
- Physical Education
- Spanish (Starting in K5)
WE ALSO OFFER MANY SPECIAL ACTIVITIES
- Weekly Mass or Prayer Service
- Hands-on learning centers
- Field trips
- Pet Blessing
- Parent Day
- Grandparent Day
- Buddy activities with older students
- Outdoor play
- Community service
- Piano (beginning in K5)